Welcome to Foundation and Year One
Hello and welcome to our class page!
Our Christian value this half term is Equality and our daily Collective Worship will teach the children the importance of treating everyone as equals. The topic for our EYFS children will focus on 'The World Around Us', which links with our weather, seasons and cultural celebrations such as the Chinese New Year. Please see the yearly overview (below) for a breakdown of what our Year 1 children will be learning each half term. Also, look out for our weekly 'what will we be learning this week?' announcements made via Seesaw.
- Foundation children, you will have a daily phonics challenge. This will be inside your sound books and will need completing and bringing back to school the following day
- Snack is available (am only) for all Foundation Stage children in the Foundation classroom. Please bring in 20p a day or £1 weekly to help us provide a variety of healthy foods for your child to try
- Year 1 and Foundation stage children - home learning will be set on Seesaw on a Friday and will be due in the following Thursday. Children need to read to an adult at home 3 times per week and have their reading records signed
- Don't forget to check our photo gallery, we enjoy showcasing our learning!
- Weekly announcements and home learning challenges are sent out via Seesaw (our online learning platform)
- PE for our Foundation Stage children will be on a Wednesday afternoon. PE kits can be brought in on a Monday and will be sent home on a Friday
- PE for Year 1 will be on a Friday afternoon. Year 1 children will need to come to school in their PE kit on a Friday.
Mrs Stone, Mrs Guilfoyle, Mrs Laister and Mrs Rawson
10.01.22 & 11.01.22 - Mr Denovan (PE Specialist) will be teaching the children new PE skills.
All children to come to school in their PE kit.
20.01.22 - River Safety Talk from the Canal and River Trust.
26.01.22 - Whole School Get Glowing Event - all children to come to school in their PE kit.
27.01.22 - Chinese New Year celebration (pm) and a visit from Calvin Taylor Lee. Foundation Stage children to bring Chinese inspired costumes.
Year 1 children only
Year 1/2 overview - Cycle A 2021/2022