Early Years in Gunness & Burringham C of E Primary School
Aims of the Foundation Stage
The aim of the Foundation stage is to establish an ambitious baseline of knowledge and development, whilst ensuring that children develop an interest in learning. We strive for our children to become inquisitive and explore through their own initiative, including indoor and outdoor experiences and through guided activities with an adult. Children learn to explore, develop and represent learning experiences that help them make sense of the world.
Please inform us of any allergies/dietary requirements
All children must wear school uniform. Please ensure everything is clearly named.
Appropriate clothing must be worn at all times as the children go outside in all weathers.
- Warm coat, hat, scarf, gloves in winter.
- Sun hat, sunglasses and sun cream in summer.
- A pair of named wellies may be left at school.
As part of the curriculum the children will be encouraged to take part in a variety of messy activities to enable them to have a wide variety of learning experiences.
- Every child needs to have a book bag. Books are available for children to take home on a weekly basis: we ask that parents listen to their child read three times a week to support with Early Reading.
- We do ask that the children bring £1 each week for snack, which will be provided in the classroom.
- Your child will be given a sound book with a new sound each day once we begin the Phonics sessions. This will be after we have completed our baseline assessments,
- Homework will be given out on a half termly basis.
- ‘Open door’ policy
- Sharing assemblies to celebrate success
- Reading Record books
- Special services held at the church for
Easter, Harvest Festival and Christingle.
- Parents' Evening
- Sound book
- Homework book